No need to panic. No need to overthink it. Double Pane vs Triple Pane can be an easy decision. Read this blog post and choose what is best for your home!Read More
Steve the Window Guy replaces Siding and Roofing Too! Check out our TV Commercial!
Steve the Window Guy replaces roofs and siding, too!
This morning our TV Commercials started to air on WCCO! If you are one of those "turn on the TV and catch the news while you get ready for work and eat breakfast" kind of people, then you'll see the ads. Are you one of those people?
Some people have been surprised that our ad focuses on Roofing and Siding, instead of just windows. Steve the Window Guy is passionate working with homeowners to replace old, drafty, moldy, replacement windows. After all, windows are an extremely common home improvement. Especially with our viciously cold winters. But guess what? After winter is over it very quickly turns into storm season in MN. Hail and high winds can cause havoc on your existing shingles and siding. We can help. No matter what you need, Steve the Window Guy can help.
We've transformed some amazing homes in the Twin Cities with steel siding, Fiber Cement Siding, and of course, Vinyl Siding. The insulated backed vinyl siding in extended lengths simply cannot be beat in terms of rigidity, ease of install, strength and reduction of seams. Honestly, You have to see it to believe it.
Last fall we were proud to be named an Owens Corning Preferred Contractor for Roofing. It wasn't easy. They checked our BBB profile for complaints (there aren't any). They checked our Angie's List reviews (Super Service Award Winners again in 2013!), they checked our bank, our creditors, our customers and our suppliers for references. They even checked our current license, insurance coverage and number of years doing business under the same name to make sure we were the kind of company they felt putting their stamp of approval behind.
We are a local roofing company. We are a family business. We work with the Owens Corning System of Roofing Components to give you the strongest roof for the best protection for your family.. And Owens Corning backs it up with a 50 year warranty. 50 years. You heard that right.
So Steve the Window Guy can also be your Siding Guy or your Roofing Guy. It doesn't matter what your home improvement project is, we can help you out. And, for a limited time, we'll give you $1000 off your roofing or siding job. Contact us Today!
Author: Melissa Brager
This blog post shares an update on the winter activities of Universal Windows Direct, Twin Cities
Remodeling and Construction businesses typically have a slow period through the winter. Homeowners hibernate in the winter and spend their time preparing for the holidays, watching more TV, and planning their spring vacations. Then, the first day the temperature rises to 40 degrees spring fever hits and the phone starts ringing.
No business owner in the home improvement business looks forward to this slower time in the year, but at Universal Windows Direct we really embraced it this year.
Top 5 Winter Activities of Universal Windows Direct
- We did a bit of remodeling of our own, as we prepared to move into our new office and warehouse. We stripped the space down, removed a wall, replaced sheetrock, added attic insulation, painted and replaced the carpet. We are left with a large work space and lots of natural light… with easy access to our warehouse. We are especially loving the play room area for Tessie and the conference room so we can meet with clients.
- We attended a national sales meeting in January where we immersed ourselves in networking, business planning, and goal setting for 2014. It is amazing how dedicating time to something as important as that can set your whole year off on the right path.
- We hosted a job fair at our new location so we could bring the right talent in to our company. Within a week we were blessed to hire both Zach and Ryan. These guys are awesome. They are smart, they take in new information quickly, they ask good questions and they made training very easy. We are so pleased with the contributions they have already brought to us
- We prepped for the big Minneapolis Home and Garden Show. We have a large 20x20 booth with all of our full size samples and we sit on a main aisle. We added a video monitor on our bay window this year to attract more attention and we hired the BEST SHOW STAFF of all time to help us work. We seriously have never felt more confident or more proud of the people in our booth representing us.
- We kept working. Yup. We started and finished several siding jobs over the winter and we were installing windows every week. We ran appointments every week. We started working home shows in January. We never stopped working.
Now that it is “spring” (ignore the snow from earlier this week) we are poised for a fantastic spring! We are actively quoting home improvent jobs for window replacement, sliding glass doors, front entry doors, siding, and roofing. If you've been waiting until spring to start your window, siding, door or roofing project, it is here. Contact us today to get started.
Author: Melissa Brager, Operations Manager, Universal Windows Direct MN
Last 3 Articles
Window replacement companies in the Twin Cities. Do you want to guess at how many there are? It seems like there are thousands. I can only imagine how confusing it must be for a homeowner to make a decision on which company to call for an estimate. Even when a homeowner goes to a home show to look at windows it can be overwhelming because (and I swear I am not exaggerating here) 25-50% of the vendors at some shows will sell you a window. Is it easier if you are looking for a siding or roofing contractor? I don't think so.
The challenge for us is being memorable. So what can we do to become memorable? When you see us at a home show what makes you stop and talk to us? When you are surfing online for information what makes you stop on our page and explore for awhile? What can we do to help you remember us?
I overhear sales guys on the phone making calls to homeowners they just met last week. Those phone calls oftentimes start like this. "From Universal Windows Direct. Universal Windows Direct. Universal. Windows. Direct." Our name just isn't ringing any bells to them. They have looked at and talked to so many different window companies that everybody has started to sound alike. No matter how much fun they had in their home talking about their project with us, they just don't remember that the guy calling them on the phone is the one they liked. Sometimes the homeowners actually say "Hold on while I get my notes" and then they come back and say "OH HI!! We like you! Thanks for calling!"
Sure, it sounds a bit crazy but it makes sense. It is human nature. Shopping for windows can be like shopping for that perfect pair of dress pants. Do you remember the last time you ventured into the Mall looking for pants? After shopping for hours you finally decide on the perfect pair and you get ready to make your purchase. But where was that store again? What was the name of it? Suddenly every store you go in to looks the same. All the pants look the same. All the sales people sound the same. You're so overwhelmed that you don't care anymore. "These pants are fine", you tell yourself. "The price isn't what I wanted but it is fine" You just want to be done. You make the purchase and cross it off your list.
So here is my point. We have plans to make us more memorable. Big plans. Plans to make us stick in your head.. catchy plans if you will. Plans to make you smile when you see us. We want you to know that when you are looking for a window siding or door contractor we are the ones you are looking for. We don't want there to be a doubt in your head that its us. You are going to love working with us and we are going to take good care of you.
We can't wait to show you what we've been working on. Next week's blog is going to be a doozie. See you then!
Hiring a replacement window contractor can be tricky. Go with your gut. In my “former life” as an HR professional we had to always make decisions with facts. Facts. Facts. Facts. Hiring decisions were based on skills and work experiences.. We were literally told to ignore our gut. Guess what? When you are the homeowner and you are considering making an investment into your home GO WITH YOUR GUT!!
Like it or not, any home improvement project, from just a window replacement or door replacement or new vinyl siding to a full on room remodeling project means your home is exposed. Your life is disrupted (if only for a day) and your home undergoes change. You don’t want to trust that to just anyone. You certainly don’t want to trust it to just the “guy with the lowest price”. What DO you want?
- The best product. The product that looks and feels like “your house”
- The best warranty. You don’t want to buy the cheapest stuff and then go through this all again in a few years, do you?
- The contractor with a good reputation. You checked him out, right? He isn’t the guy the BBB has listed with an “F” rating, or the guy with unresolved complaints against him in the double digits, right?
- The contractor who is punctual, clean, put together, and well… likeable. If he is in your home to give you a quote and you ALREADY don’t like him (because he is rude, or talks down to you or talks over your head, or who you catch in a lie, etc) why would you invite him back?
- The contractor who listens to you. It’s all any of us want, really. To be listened to. Ask questions.. Tell him your concerns. Give him a chance to answer everything and put any concerns you have to rest. Sometimes the sign of the best contractor isn’t the one who necessarily tells you what you want to hear, but the one who responds to you the most honestly
So next time you or someone you know is ready to talk to a window, siding, or door contractor they can trust, contact us. Experience what a non pushy, honest, and trustworthy home improvement contractor can be like!
Author: Melissa Brager, Universal Windows Direct