Hiring a replacement window contractor can be tricky. Go with your gut. In my “former life” as an HR professional we had to always make decisions with facts. Facts. Facts. Facts. Hiring decisions were based on skills and work experiences.. We were literally told to ignore our gut. Guess what? When you are the homeowner and you are considering making an investment into your home GO WITH YOUR GUT!!
Like it or not, any home improvement project, from just a window replacement or door replacement or new vinyl siding to a full on room remodeling project means your home is exposed. Your life is disrupted (if only for a day) and your home undergoes change. You don’t want to trust that to just anyone. You certainly don’t want to trust it to just the “guy with the lowest price”. What DO you want?
- The best product. The product that looks and feels like “your house”
- The best warranty. You don’t want to buy the cheapest stuff and then go through this all again in a few years, do you?
- The contractor with a good reputation. You checked him out, right? He isn’t the guy the BBB has listed with an “F” rating, or the guy with unresolved complaints against him in the double digits, right?
- The contractor who is punctual, clean, put together, and well… likeable. If he is in your home to give you a quote and you ALREADY don’t like him (because he is rude, or talks down to you or talks over your head, or who you catch in a lie, etc) why would you invite him back?
- The contractor who listens to you. It’s all any of us want, really. To be listened to. Ask questions.. Tell him your concerns. Give him a chance to answer everything and put any concerns you have to rest. Sometimes the sign of the best contractor isn’t the one who necessarily tells you what you want to hear, but the one who responds to you the most honestly
So next time you or someone you know is ready to talk to a window, siding, or door contractor they can trust, contact us. Experience what a non pushy, honest, and trustworthy home improvement contractor can be like!
Author: Melissa Brager, Universal Windows Direct