No need to panic. No need to overthink it. Double Pane vs Triple Pane can be an easy decision. Read this blog post and choose what is best for your home!Read More
This blog post shares an update on the winter activities of Universal Windows Direct, Twin Cities
Remodeling and Construction businesses typically have a slow period through the winter. Homeowners hibernate in the winter and spend their time preparing for the holidays, watching more TV, and planning their spring vacations. Then, the first day the temperature rises to 40 degrees spring fever hits and the phone starts ringing.
No business owner in the home improvement business looks forward to this slower time in the year, but at Universal Windows Direct we really embraced it this year.
Top 5 Winter Activities of Universal Windows Direct
- We did a bit of remodeling of our own, as we prepared to move into our new office and warehouse. We stripped the space down, removed a wall, replaced sheetrock, added attic insulation, painted and replaced the carpet. We are left with a large work space and lots of natural light… with easy access to our warehouse. We are especially loving the play room area for Tessie and the conference room so we can meet with clients.
- We attended a national sales meeting in January where we immersed ourselves in networking, business planning, and goal setting for 2014. It is amazing how dedicating time to something as important as that can set your whole year off on the right path.
- We hosted a job fair at our new location so we could bring the right talent in to our company. Within a week we were blessed to hire both Zach and Ryan. These guys are awesome. They are smart, they take in new information quickly, they ask good questions and they made training very easy. We are so pleased with the contributions they have already brought to us
- We prepped for the big Minneapolis Home and Garden Show. We have a large 20x20 booth with all of our full size samples and we sit on a main aisle. We added a video monitor on our bay window this year to attract more attention and we hired the BEST SHOW STAFF of all time to help us work. We seriously have never felt more confident or more proud of the people in our booth representing us.
- We kept working. Yup. We started and finished several siding jobs over the winter and we were installing windows every week. We ran appointments every week. We started working home shows in January. We never stopped working.
Now that it is “spring” (ignore the snow from earlier this week) we are poised for a fantastic spring! We are actively quoting home improvent jobs for window replacement, sliding glass doors, front entry doors, siding, and roofing. If you've been waiting until spring to start your window, siding, door or roofing project, it is here. Contact us today to get started.
Author: Melissa Brager, Operations Manager, Universal Windows Direct MN
Last 3 Articles
No matter which of these projects is your top priority, Universal Windows Direct, MN is here to help you . Call us today at 612-866-2888 for a free, no obligation estimate.
Fall Home Improvement Projects. Fall. Did I just say Fall?
It doesn’t matter if you like it or not, it’s here. Say goodbye to summer. Pack up your beach bags and put the sunscreen away. I will miss the feeling of the hot sun on my face and the spontaneous trips to the beach more than anyone. BUT… I also love fall. What can I say? I am a Minnesotan through and through.
I love the changing leaves and the cool mornings. I love anything cooked with apple and pumpkin. I love sweatshirts with hoods and fall TV and decorating the house for all the holidays. I love cooking comfort food. I love planning family Halloween costumes and starting to think about holiday gift giving. But enough about me.
For lots of people fall is also the harsh reality that winter is right around the corner. And every home improvement project that was put off during the lovely summer is now a priority once again. So I ask you this, what is your fall home improvement project?
- Attic insulation? Stop letting all that energy escape through your attic. If you feel like you're put off attic insulation too long already, this is your year. It will make an amazing difference to the comfort of your home.
- Gutter Topper! Stop wasting your time cleaning the gutters! Gutter topper is less expensive that you think and with all the time you save not cleaning your gutters, you can install even more holiday lights!
- If you're concerned about your roof – have someone take a look at it. Replacing a bad roof before winter will give you peace of mind against ice dams and water leaks.
- Is your front door drafty? Is the sill rotted away so you have one of those crazy draft stoppers to keep the wind out? Let’s replace it. We have a variety of front door styles available - from the very basic to the very ornate. We are confident we have the style of door and the price point that will work for your house. Plus, with our composite threshold, it is guaranteed never to rot so you can throw that draft stopper away once and for all.
- Storm windows are a pain. Replace windows with a double or triple pane glass for a higher energy efficiency rating and eliminate the need for storm windows. Start with getting the worst windows replaced now and do the rest in the spring. 100% of homeowners who replace their windows are amazed at what a difference the new ones make. Rooms are instantly warmer. The fresh look of the new windows makes the rooms look newer, too.
No matter which of these projects is your top priority, Universal Windows Direct is here to help you . Call us today for a free, no obligation estimate. We offer financing programs for qualified buyers and get your home improvemnts done within 8 weeks. Don’t delay! Call Steve The Window Guy at Universal Windows Direct today to get started! 612-866-2888
Author: Melissa Brager, Operations Manager
Do I have to do all my windows at once? Nope! Honestly, hardly any one does anymore so we don’t even think it’s weird!
Let me tell you the story of a customer…. Let’s call her Alice . Alice and her boyfriend bought a great little house in South Minneapolis that had the oldest windows ever in it. We are talking single pane windows, ropes and pulleys, missing screens, some painted shut, etc. You get the picture. She desperately wanted to replace every window In the house before the harsh winter set in. She just didn’t think she could swing it.
You know how it is, right? You buy a new house and you feel like all the money you had left after closing went to Target in the first few weeks of living there and before you know it you are happy in you brand new house and you feel the poorest you have ever felt in your whole life. That was Alice.
Still, she was hopeful. She called us and scheduled a free, no obligation estimate. Steve stopped out to her home and they discussed the cost for the entire project. Then they broke up the windows into a few different projects for her to think about as well. She considered the entire front of the house for curb appeal, or the entire 2nd level of the house for energy savings, but she ultimately chose to replace the windows of the rooms she will spend the most time in all winter; her bedroom and the living / dining room. Smart.
Bottom line, it is normal to replace your windows in stages. It happens every day and no one thinks it is weird. It is actually smart. Of course, with our financing programs you can probably afford more than you think. Give us a call and let our sales reps stop out and talk to you about what you want, and work with you to create a plan. Then enjoy a draft free winter!
Recent Blog Posts: