This blog post shares an update on the winter activities of Universal Windows Direct, Twin Cities
Remodeling and Construction businesses typically have a slow period through the winter. Homeowners hibernate in the winter and spend their time preparing for the holidays, watching more TV, and planning their spring vacations. Then, the first day the temperature rises to 40 degrees spring fever hits and the phone starts ringing.
No business owner in the home improvement business looks forward to this slower time in the year, but at Universal Windows Direct we really embraced it this year.
Top 5 Winter Activities of Universal Windows Direct
- We did a bit of remodeling of our own, as we prepared to move into our new office and warehouse. We stripped the space down, removed a wall, replaced sheetrock, added attic insulation, painted and replaced the carpet. We are left with a large work space and lots of natural light… with easy access to our warehouse. We are especially loving the play room area for Tessie and the conference room so we can meet with clients.
- We attended a national sales meeting in January where we immersed ourselves in networking, business planning, and goal setting for 2014. It is amazing how dedicating time to something as important as that can set your whole year off on the right path.
- We hosted a job fair at our new location so we could bring the right talent in to our company. Within a week we were blessed to hire both Zach and Ryan. These guys are awesome. They are smart, they take in new information quickly, they ask good questions and they made training very easy. We are so pleased with the contributions they have already brought to us
- We prepped for the big Minneapolis Home and Garden Show. We have a large 20x20 booth with all of our full size samples and we sit on a main aisle. We added a video monitor on our bay window this year to attract more attention and we hired the BEST SHOW STAFF of all time to help us work. We seriously have never felt more confident or more proud of the people in our booth representing us.
- We kept working. Yup. We started and finished several siding jobs over the winter and we were installing windows every week. We ran appointments every week. We started working home shows in January. We never stopped working.
Now that it is “spring” (ignore the snow from earlier this week) we are poised for a fantastic spring! We are actively quoting home improvent jobs for window replacement, sliding glass doors, front entry doors, siding, and roofing. If you've been waiting until spring to start your window, siding, door or roofing project, it is here. Contact us today to get started.
Author: Melissa Brager, Operations Manager, Universal Windows Direct MN
Last 3 Articles