Window Terminology: Window Terms Starting with "C"


A window sash that swings open on side hinges.  Commonly referred to as a “Crank out”.


A mastic compound for filling joints and sealing cracks to prevent leakage of water and air.   Caulking is typically used on the outside of your window during an install.


The deposit of water vapor from the air on any cold surface whose temperature is below the dew point, such as a cold window glass or frame that is exposed to humid indoor air.


For more information on window terminology, and to get your free quote on replacement windows from Universal Windows Direct, MN contact us today