Easy, right? Start by getting referrals from family and friends. If someone you trust had a good experience with a company, chances are you will too. Don’t forget to Use your social network on Facebook and Twitter!
If a contractor is punctual, professional and organized when he meets with you, chances are he will run a clean job site. Use this quick checklist as a guide:
- Is he on time?
- Does he have a tidy appearance?
- Is he licensed?
- Does he carry liability and workers comp insurance?
- Is he certified by the EPA to perform lead safe practices on your home if needed?
- Can he describe the install process to you?
- Is he able to show you pictures of his work?
Remember, YOU are the customer. Don’t let him push you into making a decision until you are ready. You get to decide what you want on your home. Make sure he answers all of your questions to your satisfaction. And always, ask for references!